Village of Bartonville Public Works Department
Superintendent: John Hawksworth
1607 W Garfield Ave
Bartonville, IL 61607
Winter Hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Summer Hours 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Public Works Responsibilities:
The Public Works Department consists of a superintendent, five full time employees, and a small crew of seasonal employees to:
- Maintain 32 miles of streets, including snow and ice removal, fill potholes, and street sweeping. (Airport Rd. and Smithville Rd. are maintained by Peoria County)
- Maintain all Village buildings and properties
- Repair and service Public Works vehicles and equipment
- Service Bartonville Police vehicles
- Repair and maintain the storm water drainage system
- Install, repair, remove American Flags and Seasonal banners
- Mow all common grounds, cemeteries, and parks
1st Priority - Hills and main streets.
2nd Priority - Residential neighborhoods.
3rd Priority - Alleys.
A parking ban will be in effect when there is 3 or more inches is forecasted.
Pickup of three or less household items will happen on the last Monday of the month during March through November. Tree limbs or brush will be picked up if cut to 3 or 4 feet in length and tied into bundles.
To be placed on the pickup list please contact the Public Works Department at 309-633-2054 at least one day ahead of the pickup day. Please leave your name, address, phone number, and specific items to be picked up. Please have the items at the curb by 6 a.m.