Director: Larry Nelson
5912 S. Adams St
Bartonville, IL 61607
- Developing emergency plans and procedures outlining the responsibilities of county government was well as coordination between city, county, state and federal agencies where appropriate.
- Developing and conducting emergency management training and education programs for village personnel and citizens of Bartonville. Educating the public via multimedia presentations on severe weather, disaster response, and disaster recovery.
- Support of the Incident Command System at the scene of an emergency or disaster where appropriate. Coordinate emergency lighting or electric generation at appropriate incident sites.
- Develop and provide information, regarding appropriate incidents, to the media.
- Assist appropriate Law Enforcement/Fire Containment agencies as needed at appropriate incident sites. Coordinating assistance from County, State and Federal disaster response organizations.
- Provide back-up communications needs as needed.
- Coordinating disaster relief within the Village of Bartonville.
- Maintaining the Village's Emergency Operations Plan.
- Work with the responding agencies and submit the required documentation to the county, state and federal agencies for funds, grants and reimbursements.
- The Emergency Services Disaster Agency (ESDA) accomplishes their tasks following the four doctrines of emergency management:
If you are interested in becoming a member of ESDA, please pick up an application at Village Hall.
Click here for information on preparing for weather emergencies.
Click here for FEMA.
Click here for IEMA.
Click here for more information about the CERT program.